Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So, you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
St. Gregory of Nyssa
You ask the reason why God was born among men?… If, then, love of man be a special characteristic of the Divine nature, here is the reason for which you are in search, here is the cause of the presence of God among men. Our diseased nature needed a healer. Man in his fall needed one to set him upright. He who had lost the gift of life stood in need of a life-giver, and he who had dropped away from his fellowship with good wanted one who would lead him back to good. He who was shut up in darkness longed for the presence of the light. The captive sought for a ransomer, the fettered prisoner for some one to take his part, and for a deliverer he who was held in the bondage of slavery. Were these trifling and unworthy reasons to impel God to come down to visit human nature…?
Lenten Recipe is from Mary Papadimos’ blog – Upbeetandkaleingitblog.com – Check it out! Lots of wonderful Vegan Recipes to choose from!
Hearty Seasonal Stew
Serves 6 – A warm and wholesome seasonal stew that is served with basmati rice!
- Two small-medium zucchinis cut into small cubes
- 3 large carrots cut into small cubes
- 1 small-medium sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 3 cups water
- One 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Basmati Rice
- Cook basmati rice according to package directions.
- Saute the vegetables in avocado oil in a large pot on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then, turn the heat down to medium-low and add all of the liquids and spices.
- Cook for another 40 to 45 minutes and stir periodically.
- Cool down and enjoy!!