Congratulations to the AHEPA and Daughters District Governors on a successful Testimonial Luncheon. The luncheon was held on March 11 at Georgio’s Café International with nearly 80 people in attendance from Toledo and around the district. Along with AHEPA District Governor Dr. John Urse and Daughters District Governor, Toledo’s own Joyce Anagnos, the Maids of Athena Grand President Tria Charnas also attended and spoke. Tria hails from North Royalton, another member of our district. Many thanks to Marian Capranica for chairing the event.
Sunday, May 21 we’ll celebrate AHEPA Sunday and Scholarship Sunday. Mark this day on your calendar and plan to attend and honor our graduating seniors. The AHEPA and Daughters will also be honoring their members with service recognition and special awards.
The Buckeye Foundation Scholarship is available to students whose parent(s) or guardian is a member of a chapter in the district or the student is a member of one of the junior orders in the district are available at www.bsf.buckeyedistrict11.org. Deadline for this scholarship is April 15, 2017. This application is filled out online. There is no paper copy available.
As a reminder – Applications are now available for the Ypsilanti Chapter #118 scholarship. All applicants must meet the criteria listed below. Also, available is the Gus County Athletic Scholarship. Applications for both scholarships are available in the church office or online at www.toledo.buckeyedistrict11.org. Deadline for both scholarships is April 30, 2017.
Applicant or applicant’s parents must be a member in good standing of one or more of the following organizations:
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Toledo, Ohio.
- Order of AHEPA Ypsilanti Chapter NO. 118.
- Daughters of Penelope Dodona Chapter NO. 24.
- Maids of Athena
The criteria to be considered in awarding scholarships will be based on:
- Scholastic achievement: The student must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 out of a 4.0 GPA
- Extracurricular activities and,
- Community involvement.
- Applicant must have been accepted by an accredited college or university.
- Scholarship funds will be sent in the applicants name directly to the office of admissions.
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books or fees.
- All scholarship funds must be returned if the applicant does not successfully complete the first academic year.
- Your scholarship application will not be processed unless all required information is provided.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of or re-instating into Ypsilanti #118 can call Tony Capranica at 419.540.1150.