The summer months have flown by, fall is here, and a new ecclesiastical year has started.
Congratulations to the 2017-2019 Board members and Officers.
- President – Pattie Senerius
- 1st Vice President – Pauline Biernacki
- 2nd Vice President – Stephanie Berardinelli
- Recording Secretary – Kelly Yakumithis
- Corresponding Secretary – Yanula Stathulis
- Treasurer – Angie Bohland
- Assistant Treasurer – Maria Kopan
Congratulations to Katie Kopan, Alexandra Reder, and Maria Cook, the recipients of the Philoptochos Scholarships. We wish them continued success as they pursue their college studies.
Philoptochos has been busy throughout the summer months with the “Feed the Hungry” outreach ministry. Penny Jenkins and her committee prepared and served 60 clients of the Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission each month. Many of our members volunteered and were generous with their time and talents by helping during the festival workshops. The “Greece Uncorked” committee has been busy planning a beautiful fun-filled evening of wine tasting, silent auctions, delicious food, and music. Donations will be made to the Aurora House and Noah’s House. Mark your calendar and plan to attend this fundraiser on November 4th.
I am looking forward to working with the Board and Membership. I welcome two new members to the Board, Yanula Stathulis and Maria Kopan. Meetings will be held on the 2nd and 3rd Mondays of the month in the Ahepa Room at 7:00 p.m. On behalf of the Board and Membership, I’d like to thank Susie Doukides for all of her hard work and leadership throughout her presidency. Job well done, Susie!
Philoptochos is: One Woman Asking Another Woman to Care.
- Greek-American Festival – September 8-10. Please volunteer and be generous with your time.
- Board Meeting – September 18th, 7:00 p.m.
- General Meeting – October 23rd, 7:00 p.m.
- “Greece Uncorked” – November 4th