Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
St. John Chrysostom
This Lenten Recipe is from www.garlicmatters.com
SUN-DRIED TOMATO LENTIL SALAD
20 min cold sun-dried tomato lentil salad is a real deal, gluten-free medley of wholesome, vegan goodness! This is a speedy lunch or dinner recipe idea worth keeping & sharing! This salad can be served on its own, with biscuit, with a serving of meat, or with poached or fried egg on the top.
- Author: Justyna Serwach
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 100g (½ cup) mixed lentils – I used red split, green & black
- 250ml (1 1/4 cup) water
- 5 tablespoons pitted olives in brine, drained and diced to corn size pieces
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced thinly
- 150g (5oz) bell peppers (2 different colours will make the salad look more colourul), diced to corn size pieces
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons of oil from sun-dried tomatoes jar
- 2–3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (start with one and see how you like it)
- 2 raw garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Optional additions: baby gherkins, capers, sweet corn, feta cheese, finally chopped salad leaves To serve
- 5 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley and basil leaves
- Rinse lentils and set to simmer in water on medium heat for about 15 minutes until almost soft. Drain and reserve.
- Combine dressing ingredients and reserve.
- Dice and slice all salad ingredient. When lentils are cooked and cooled down combine them with all other ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve with a generous sprinkle of parsley leaves.